The Tuscaloosa Half Marathon is both a half marathon and a 5K, both starting at 7:00 AM at Government Plaza.
RATE CALENDAR (Registration Opens 11/12/18 at 12:00pm CST
Half Marathon Rates
- $40.00 for first 100 registrants
- $65.00 Launch Registration until 11:59 pm CST on 11/26/2018
- $80.00 Early Registration until 11:59 pm CST on 1/7/2019
- $90.00 Regular Registration until 11:59 pm CST on 3/4/19
- $95.00 Late Registration until 7:00 pm CDT on 3/29/2019
- $110.00 Race Day Registration
- $20.00 for first 100 registrants
- $25.00 Launch Registration until 11:59 pm CST on 11/26/2018
- $30.00 Early Registration until 11:59 pm CST on 1/7/2019
- $35.00 Regular Registration until 11:59 pm CST on 3/4/19
- $40.00 Late Registration until 7:00 pm CDT on 3/29/2019
- $50.00 Race Day Registration
- Active and Veteran Military
- Corporate groups w/ Sponsorship or Activation
- Email email@example.com to inquire or request a code for the above categories
All participants in the Tuscaloosa Tourism & Sports Half Marathon should plan to be at the starting line at least 30-45 minutes before the start of the race. All runners are encouraged to find the appropriate place in the starting area based on your anticipated finish time.
- 7:00 AM: Tuscaloosa Tourism & Sports Half Marathon & 5K
STARTING LINE: Government Plaza (2106 6th St, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401)
All runners are encouraged to pick up race packets prior to Race Day. Packet Pickup will be held on Friday, March 29, 2019 from 2:00pm – 6:00 pm at Government Plaza. At the Packet Pickup you will receive your bib, timing chip, shirt and other race information as well as learn about the course.
Note: If you are not able to make it to Packet Pickup on Friday, you make pick up your race bib and shirt between 5:30-6:35 am on race morning. You may also have a friend pick up your packet for you but they MUST have a copy of your ID with them.
PICK UP INFO
- DATE: Friday, March 29, 2019
- TIME: 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- LOCATION: Government Plaza
Parking is available in the The Tuscaloosa Intermodal Facility, often referred to as the IMF parking deck, is located at the corner of Seventh Street and 23rd Avenue. This four-story parking deck facility is free to use and conveniently located in the heart of Downtown. This lot is adjacent to Government Plaza, the location for packet pickup on Friday and the start and end of the race on Saturday.
The Tuscaloosa Tourism & Sports Half Marathon is a day of fun for both runners and spectators! If you’ve ever run or walked a half marathon, you know how important motivating and encouraging crowd support is. Below are some suggestions to help spectators plan for race day:
- Have fun and get in the spirit!
- Weather is always unpredictable in March. Be prepared to dress for conditions and wear comfy shoes.
- Have a course map, cell phone and camera
- A good sign always adds to the race! Runners love to read signs, and it helps your runner to identify where you are.
- Make some noise! Clap and cheer. The runners will love it.
- Be sure to cheer for everyone; those in the front and the back.
- Have a block party with friends and neighbors if the course travels through your area.
- Plan ahead. If you’re tracking a friend of family member, identify their average pace per mile ahead of time and use a pace chart to figure out where and when they should reach certain points along the course.
- Have a finish line plan. Many people will be in the finish area, so it will help to know where and when you’re meeting your runner.
- Don’t know anyone running? That’s ok. Come support anyway!
- We ask all spectators to please stay off the course as a sign of respect for the participants that have worked so hard to be there. No bicycles or vehicles are allowed to ride on the course roads.
Tuscaloosa Half Spectator Viewing Information
|Mile||Lead Runner||Mid-Pack||Last Runner|
|1||7:06 AM||7:09 AM||7:18 AM|
|2||7:12 AM||7:18 AM||7:36 AM|
|3||7:18 AM||7:27 AM||7:54 AM|
|4||7:24 AM||7:36 AM||8:12 AM|
|5||7:30 AM||7:45 AM||8:30 AM|
|6||7:36 AM||7:54 AM||8:48 AM|
|7||7:42 AM||8:03 AM||9:06 AM|
|8||7:48 AM||8:12 AM||9:24 AM|
|9||7:54 AM||8:21 AM||9:42 AM|
|10||8:00 AM||8:30 AM||10:00 AM|
|11||8:06 AM||8:39 AM||10:18 AM|
|12||8:12 AM||8:48 AM||10:36 AM|
|13||8:18 AM||8:57 AM||10:54 AM|
|Finish||8:19 AM||8:58 AM||10:56 AM|
The Post Race party officially begins at 8:00am and will feature chips by Golden Flake, pulled pork sliders by Moe’s Original and pizza, salad and FREE BEER from Heat Pizza. After the race wraps up at 11:30am, the The City of Tuscaloosa Bicentennial Bash will be gearing up at the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. This free event will have a come-and-go atmosphere and will be featuring all-star Alabama musicians for a one-day, family friendly concert allowing locals and visitors alike to enjoy the acts they like best and enjoy downtown Tuscaloosa as well. In addition to music acts on two stages at the Tuscaloosa Amp, the day-long celebration of Tuscaloosa’s 200th birthday includes a lively Kids Zone with rides, inflatables and hands-on activities for children of all ages.
1 pm – Gates of the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater open | 9 pm – Fireworks